Open images in new window

Dave LaDuke

16 Nov, 2009 11:59 PM

I'm looking at using Ember to host images that we include in our knowledgebase articles. They require that I link back to the page on their service where the image is hosted. I don't mind doing this, but I think it's confusing to the user - they see a graphic - see that its a link - click on it - and they are transported out of our support site and into emberapp.com.

So, if possible, I would prefer to spawn a new window so that the knowledgebase article remains on their screen. I've looked around for markdown syntax to do this, but came up dry. I saw one place where a + symbol after the close parenthesis of the hyperlink would open the link in a new window, but Tender's markdown doesn't appear to work that way.

(I'd be happier to just host the documentation images in tenderapp, but we have a couple of hundred, which gets unwieldy with the graphics "drawer" interface you currently have. I understand that that might change in the future. Will suggested trying skitch.com, which is great, but we thought we'd give emberapp.com a try.)

Any tips?

Thanks!

Dave

1. 1 Posted by Will on 17 Nov, 2009 12:37 AM

Thanks for the feedback Dave. I'll bring this up with our front end crew and see what they think.

Of course we hope to get a robust assets manager in Tender soon.

I haven't used Ember personally. Does it give you a js code for the image embed or they just ask that you link back?

2. 2 Posted by David LaDuke on 17 Nov, 2009 12:40 AM

They ask you to link back.

Ember is now using you guys for support. ;-)

I could use skitch, though I prefer Ember... do they require a link
    back?

Thanks,

Dave

3. 3 Posted by Will on 17 Nov, 2009 01:04 AM

I am not sure as of what legal restraints skitch uses. I know the skitch pages gives you a link directly to the image though so there is no link back.

I'll talk with Justin in the morning about what it would take to make assets load in a new window.

4. brandi closed this discussion on 13 Jan, 2011 07:00 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac