Please allow single email address to log in to multiple Tender accounts

Ben Brinckerhoff

24 Nov, 2009 06:10 PM

We want to provide support for a new product, but we need to separate the knowledge base and discussions for the new product from the old product (otherwise, there will be much confusion as KB articles for the old product are suggested when searching for information about the new one).

After searching through the public discussions for Tender, I learned that currently the only way to provide support for multiple products is to create separate Tender accounts. That's OK, however, I quickly ran into a roadblock.

We already have devver.tenderapp.com and I've created a profile with my email address ([email blocked]) for that account. We now have a new product (under the Devver brand), Caliper, so I created caliper.tenderapp.com. When I try to log in as [email blocked] to caliper.tenderapp.com, it does not work (which makes sense). However, I also cannot create a profile for caliper.tenderapp.com with [email blocked]. I get the error "There was a problem submitting your form: Email has already been taken".

Do I need to create a new email address to be able to access this new account?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Brinckerhof... on 24 Nov, 2009 06:36 PM

Whoops, nevermind. Once I clicked on the link that was sent to my email, I was able to log in to caliper.tenderapp.com. Sorry for the confusion (I'm a bit sick today, so my head is a little foggy).

Feel free to close this out (or delete the discussion).

Thanks!

2. Courtenay closed this discussion on 24 Nov, 2009 06:38 PM.

3. 2 Posted by rick on 24 Nov, 2009 06:40 PM

Cool, glad it worked :)

Our original design was to use a central user table, like Lighthouse or any social network. But people (customers especially) don't see the global aspect of Tender and expect to sign up to multiple sites with the same email.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac