login problems

Rich Morin

27 Dec, 2008 05:58 AM

I wanted to post a bug report on support.github.com. My understanding is that, as I was already logged into github.com, I support site, as well. This was not the case. So, I tried to log into the support site, using my github email address and password. This did not work, either: "Couldn't log you in as '[email blocked]'"

Please let me know what's going wrong AND clear things up so that other users won't be as mystified and frustrated as I am...

1. 1 Posted by Will on 27 Dec, 2008 06:09 AM

Github has recently disabled the shared cookie feature for tender due to a complication with their custom pages and dropping cookies.

You can anonymously post, or if you have a private issue, sign up for a profile on the Tender support system. If you have a profile, it works on any Tender site.

it's a pain to have to log in again, but right now it's a special circumstance with their setup, and we're working with them to come up with an auto login solution.

2. 2 Posted by Rich Morin on 27 Dec, 2008 06:13 AM

In the meanwhile, perhaps you could change the message text to tell the user what's happening?

3. 3 Posted by Will on 27 Dec, 2008 09:18 AM

I'll see what we can do. It's no a universal issue though. Auto logins work fine for other sites/services, github just ran into specific last minute issues with the way we developed it.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac