Replies not getting in to Tender

Galen

04 Feb, 2009 02:32 AM

Hi again guys,

Just wanted to let you know that replies are not making it back into Tender.

I had someone send several replies to my messages earlier that I did not receive (on this thread: http://support.luciddesign.co.nz/discussions/design/3-cape-farewell-horse-treks) and I've just noticed that my reply to Courtenay (on this thread: http://help.tenderapp.com/discussions/questions/114-forwarding-emails) has not made it into Tender even though it's showing as sent in my outbox in Mail.

Let me know if you need more specifics.

Cheers,

Galen

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Courtenay on 04 Feb, 2009 08:03 PM

They most likely went into the spam box. We're modifying the algorithm so that this doesn't happen

2. 2 Posted by Galen on 02 Mar, 2009 08:11 PM

Hi Courtenay,

This is still happening. I'm noticing replies sent by email (possibly always from the iPhone) don't make it back into Tender.

Cheers,

Galen

3. 3 Posted by rick on 03 Mar, 2009 01:31 AM

Eek, we made some changes over the weekend. If you notice, replies go to [email blocked] or your own custom email address, no more tender+234wfadsfasdf nonsense. The code is actually in the body of the email.

Looking...

4. 4 Posted by Galen on 03 Mar, 2009 01:43 AM

Gah! Sorry ; )

(I did wonder what that Discussion ID was doing down the bottom there)

5. 5 Posted by rick on 03 Mar, 2009 05:10 AM

Yes, I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the tender from the code completely. The way it works, Astrotrain (our email process) gets a list of To: addresses to see where to send the callback to. tender*@tenderapp.com emails go to Tender, ticket*@lighthouseapp.com go to Lighthouse, and so on. I don't want to have to add a bunch of custom mappings for every site... so I'll see if there's some creative solution that I can add. I mean, since it's in the body of the email, why not use a fake address on purpose?

<discusssion+sadfaa23523kljdfsdf@support>

6. 6 Posted by rick on 03 Mar, 2009 05:21 AM

Galen: what discussion in https://help.tenderapp.com/discussions/questions/114-forwarding-emails are you missing? Searching [email blocked]'s email shows comment 41 as the last email.

7. 7 Posted by Jo O'Brien on 05 Mar, 2009 01:12 AM

Sorry to jump in here but the little buggy thing we noticed seems to be related. We've found that recently some replies from our customers are landing in our email inbox instead of tender. Because the earlier part of the discussion still appears in tender, there's a risk of us replying to them from both places thereby confusing them (and us!)

Jo :)

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Courtenay on 05 Mar, 2009 01:30 AM

Are the replies making it to Tender in the correct discussion?

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Courtenay on 05 Mar, 2009 01:34 AM

Also, make sure your Email Delivery options are correct (specifically, the custom email sender)

10. 10 Posted by Galen on 05 Mar, 2009 02:35 AM

We found in the past week or so a few instances where replies came in as new threads. If the original message was, say, "Touching Base", the reply seemed to create a new thread titled "RE: Touching Base" (note the uppercase RE).

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Courtenay on 05 Mar, 2009 02:38 AM

Link please?

12. 12 Posted by Galen on 05 Mar, 2009 02:39 AM

Who, me?

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Courtenay on 05 Mar, 2009 02:39 AM

Yes, links to the discussions . .. actually never mind, I can find it.

14. 14 Posted by Galen on 05 Mar, 2009 02:43 AM

Ticket numbers 673 and 791 should have been, I believe, originally the same thread

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Courtenay on 05 Mar, 2009 02:46 AM

We were embedding the discussion ID in the email itself. If you replied to the email without the original body, it didn't know where to attach the discussion.

Clearly this didn't work as we planned, so we reverted to the previous way of doing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Oct, 2019 04:05 AM
14 Oct, 2019 12:43 AM
21 Sep, 2019 02:33 PM