search doesn't work

Nathan Leggatt

11 Feb, 2009 05:12 PM

I have an article with the following text "insert a link into your site content" but when I search for that same string it returns nothing??

1. 1 Posted by Kyle Neath (Git... on 11 Feb, 2009 11:00 PM

Did you wait around 15 minutes before searching? Our search engine takes up to 15 minutes to index new content. Also make sure that the article is published -- it won't search for it otherwise.

2. 2 Posted by Dandee on 16 Feb, 2009 11:06 PM

It seems like it would be helpful to also search the private threads that are not published if you needed to look up some support emails. For example, I might have discussed a billing issue with someone that I dont want in the public portion, but would love to find it when searching.

3. 3 Posted by Kyle Neath (Git... on 17 Feb, 2009 12:12 AM

Dandee: Definitely, it's a big ticket item to get a good admin-only search working here soon. Right now we've got a couple other things we need to sort out ASAP (some bugs, billing)

4. 4 Posted by Nathan R Leggat... on 17 Feb, 2009 12:14 AM

Perhaps you should sort out your big ticket bugs before your billing. Shows order of priories :)

-----Original Message----- From: Tender Support [***@***] Sent: February-16-09 4:13 PM To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: search doesn't work [Problems]

5. 5 Posted by Kyle Neath (Git... on 17 Feb, 2009 12:16 AM

We definitely have. Hence why billing has been pushed out. I know to users that missing features = bugs, but if we followed that philosophy we would literally never ship a product. This is most definitely a missing feature, not a bug.

6. 6 Posted by Nathan R Leggat... on 17 Feb, 2009 12:19 AM

Totally understandable.

We develop web apps on our side as well. Our of curiosity how many paying clients do you have? Perhaps there is a way that we could colab on your project or develop add-ons for it, or help you debug etc.

Nathan

-----Original Message----- From: Tender Support [***@***] Sent: February-16-09 4:17 PM To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: search doesn't work [Problems]

7. 7 Posted by Kyle Neath (Git... on 17 Feb, 2009 12:36 AM

Well right now since we've been pushing billing out, zero :) Thanks for the offer, but I think we'll do alright by ourselves. One of the big feature pushes after getting billing & bugs sorted out will be an API though -- and we'd love to see people extend and play with Tender that way.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

05 Dec, 2019 01:11 AM
22 Nov, 2019 01:04 PM
14 Oct, 2019 04:05 AM