login is not cross site

paolo

16 Feb, 2009 09:43 AM

When I try and post an issue to the github support after having logged in to my account, I'm told that I can either log in or create an account. (Want to log in or create an account?) I click on log in and the system asks me the email address as username (or the opneid that I don't have). But my login username in github is not an email, and then whether I use my email as username or my username I'm not recognized by the system. Now I'm going to post my bug report for github anonymously. (this has been tested both n IE8 and firefox3)

1. 1 Posted by Kyle Neath (Git... on 17 Feb, 2009 12:32 AM

Unfortunately Github had to disable their automatic logins (cross-site logins), so Github credentials will not work, as noted on their homepage: http://support.github.com

2. Kyle Neath (GitHub Staff) closed this discussion on 17 Feb, 2009 12:32 AM.

3. Paolo Nesti Poggi re-opened this discussion on 17 Feb, 2009 08:17 AM

4. 2 Posted by Paolo Nesti Pog... on 17 Feb, 2009 08:17 AM

Thank you for your email. I see now what it all means. I found the text very confusing. Github should be more aware of the fact, that when I post a support ticket to Github, I don't think I am somewhere else than at Github.

If you think that you are not at another site, the text:

"You don’t have to create an account ..... Github account credentials will not work, you must create an account."

Is rather meaningless, and I pretty much desregarded it. Thank you for explaining this to me, hopefully for you, other users are less stubborn than I am, and just post without requiring that the system keep them logged in during the process. /Paolo

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac