New email matching a bit too aggressive

Tekkub

24 Jul, 2009 07:05 PM

So I see you added code to match emails from the same user with the same subject up when they aren't "proper" replies. This is really nice, but there's one little issue... emails that come from our support form always have the same subject, and it's matching people up to really old issues sometimes. Perhaps limit matches to threads active in the past week or so?

1. 1 Posted by rick on 24 Jul, 2009 08:50 PM

It's only matching these mails to the sender's own old discussions, right?

Perhaps you should start letting people specify their own titles? I can't imagine it's very useful to have all discussions use the same title. I'll see about limiting the matches though.

2. 2 Posted by Tekkub on 24 Jul, 2009 08:58 PM

It's something I've asked for, but it's not really been a major issue for us. I always mark emails as resolved anyway, as I don't expect the user to actually visit tender, few seem to. Being able to change the subject after the fact would be neat, but again hasn't been a major issue.

3. 3 Posted by rick on 28 Jul, 2009 08:46 AM

I made the cutoff two weeks. One week seems too short to me. If it's a big deal I'll see about tweaking it or maybe adding an option. Though I'd suggest just using the API instead.

4. Nicole closed this discussion on 02 Dec, 2009 11:35 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

05 Dec, 2019 01:11 AM
22 Nov, 2019 01:04 PM
14 Oct, 2019 04:05 AM