Mails from Yahoo Mail for iPad are garbled

hendrik

29 Aug, 2016 11:14 AM

Hey there,

mails sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad contain lots of garbled HTML:

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Of course not. That's amazing! Your software is a great diagnostic tool, too. I just need to spend some time with it.  Many thanks!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, August 26, 2016, 3:01 AM, hendrik <[email blocked]> wrote:

pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;} 
|

(from discussion http://help.beatunes.com/discussions/questions/4984-font-size-change)

Is this known? Any chance you can fix it?

Thank you,

-hendrik

1. 1 Posted by hendrik on 15 Nov, 2016 09:19 AM

Since I'm about to ask another question in a new thread, I figured I revive this one, as I have never received an answer...

Any comment?

Thanks!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Courtenay on 15 Nov, 2016 11:39 PM

because yahoo are crappy programmers, I kid you not the plaintext mail comes in like this:

------=_Part_160406_1771274219.1472171419370
        Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
        Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px =
    #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:whi=
    te !important; }  Thanks for your reply. I have limited the columns to the =
    basic ones I need, keeping everything visable on the screen. Now I find tha=
    t I'm getting BPM info for only about a quarter of the songs. This does not=
     correspond to thise which records are locked because of DRM. Is there some=
     setting that needs to be changed? Surely, there should be bpm for Born to =
    Run.=C2=A0

etc.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Courtenay on 15 Nov, 2016 11:41 PM

basically any html mail by spec should contain a plaintext part, and it's that part we use so that your tender doesn't end up looking like myspace circa 2008. Also so we don't have to write a thread-parsing algorithm that takes into account xml.

In this case yahoo has implemented a crappy version that puts styling right there in the middle of the text instead of stripping it out. Go, yahoo!

4. 4 Posted by hendrik on 16 Nov, 2016 08:33 AM

Guess you love them a lot.... ;-)

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Courtenay on 16 Nov, 2016 08:54 AM

ugh! is it the same css every time?

6. brandi closed this discussion on 14 Dec, 2016 04:54 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac