can I do this?

Eric Gu

03 Aug, 2009 05:45 AM

1. enable/disable attachment
  2. edit head and sidebar content: I need to add live chat or some other module or information to the header or sidebar
  3. edit texts, example: 'start a discussion' --> 'ask a question'

Generally, I prefer the system more customizable.

I am considering buy your service. So please reply as soon as possible.

1. 1 Posted by Eric Gu on 03 Aug, 2009 05:48 AM

another function requirement:

It's better to redirect poster back to his new post page instead of a thread list without the new post listed after he post a new discussion.

2. 2 Posted by rick on 03 Aug, 2009 04:29 PM

1) I'm not sure what you're asking for here...
    2) We're talking about making the frontend more customizable. What kind of sidebar modules are you looking to add? And what kind of header content?
    3) We've talked about adding customizable text for supporting other languages.
    4) If you turn off spam protection, users should be redirected to their post immediately.

3. 3 Posted by Eric Gu on 04 Aug, 2009 02:15 AM

Thanks for your reply,

1. I meant if I don't want our customers to be able to submit attachment files, can I remove the 'choose file' from the submit form?
    2. I want to add my main site navigation bar to head, and some informations to sidebar, such as most popular discussions or hottest FAQ articles. Also I want to add my 'live chat' button, and trust certificate information and so on.
  4. 4 Posted by rick on 04 Aug, 2009 02:23 AM

1) Nope, but you could possibly add some css to hide the form option.
    2) That level of customization isn't available yet. We're looking into what it would take to implement and support various customization options.

5. 5 Posted by eric gu on 04 Aug, 2009 02:27 AM

thanks

1. I understand.
    2. This requirement is the most important to me. If it's resolved, I will absolutely be a long term customer.
  6. 6 Posted by rick on 04 Aug, 2009 02:30 AM

Understandable... All I can say is watch the [Hoth ENTP
    blog](http://hoth.entp.com/) for Tender updates :)

7. 7 Posted by Eric Gu on 04 Aug, 2009 02:35 AM

And regarding this one:
    4) If you turn off spam protection, users should be redirected to their post immediately.

I think seldom person would like to turn off spam protection. So it's not a good resolution.

Every time when I start a new discussion or post a new comment, I always get a notification that my post will show up when it's moderated. While I am not suggested to reload the page, so I stay on the page waiting for my post to show up automatically. It's really confusing. In fact I just need to reload the page to see my posts.

If it can't redirect automatically, I suggest to modify the notification word and let posters know they just need to refresh the page.

8. 8 Posted by rick on 04 Aug, 2009 06:33 AM

Okay, thanks for the suggestions.

9. rick closed this discussion on 04 Aug, 2009 06:33 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac