Support user recovered his password and all his tickets were unassigned

hernanr

01 Jun, 2017 07:56 PM

Hello, today one of our support users had to recover his password and almost all of his tickets were unassigned, how could this happen?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by brandi on 01 Jun, 2017 08:42 PM

Hi,

What is the email address of the support staff?

2. 2 Posted by hernanr on 01 Jun, 2017 08:48 PM

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Courtenay on 01 Jun, 2017 09:40 PM

Hi Hernán,
    I still see Ulises with lots of tickets assigned: (if you select all 'open' ticketed and 'closed' checkboxes)

http://amco.tenderapp.com/dashboard/assigned/48468-ulises-rosales

can you link us to a specific discussion(s) that were unassigned?

4. 4 Posted by hernanr on 01 Jun, 2017 09:53 PM

5. 5 Posted by hernanr on 01 Jun, 2017 09:57 PM

PS: This guy has to have more than 200 or 300 tickets, he's been in the company for 7 or 8 months

6. 6 Posted by hernanr on 05 Jun, 2017 09:34 PM

Hello, any updates on this?

7. 7 Posted by hernanr on 06 Jun, 2017 02:56 PM

Hello good morning, is it possible for you to reassign him all the tickets this guy had before he asked to recover his password?

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Courtenay on 13 Jun, 2017 12:00 AM

HI Hernán, my apologies for the delay in response. I performed some forensics on this and got distracted by some other tasks and never followed up.

It appears that Ulises' account was either deactivated, disabled or state-changed from support to 'user' (i.e. not support) at some point in the past, and then back to 'support' on May 10 2017. This would have cleared the assignments. I don't have more history on when the state change was done, or by whom, because we don't track that. However, the way we store assignment data internally is with a queue, whose life cycle is linked to user state. So setting a user to support creates the queue, which gives us a timestamp and vice versa, removing support state destroys the queue and its assignments.
    When he requested a password reset on Jun 2, the assignments were already cleared some weeks prior. I will have a developer look in the next day or two and see if we can recreate the assignments by inspecting comment bodies.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac