Can't get cookie auth to work.

Zack Kitzmiller

11 Aug, 2009 05:16 PM

My site is built in PHP, and I can't get the cookie auth to work.

Does the client actually have to click the link, and get redirected BACK to tender? I want them to click support, and be logged in already. I think that should be possible.

The system in running on support.ampc.org, just find, cookies are being set, and the 'test' hash works fine.

Any ideas or help?

1. 1 Posted by Zack Kitzmiller on 11 Aug, 2009 05:40 PM

I should add that when I check support.ampc.org i get "Sorry, there was an error logging you in from AMPC's cookies."

2. 2 Posted by Kyle Neath (Git... on 11 Aug, 2009 07:37 PM

I'm afraid you'll have to provide us with a bit more context to how you're providing things. Multipass works in two different ways:

1. Cookie-based. You set the cookies, people are logged in when the cookies are read.
    2. URL-based. You pass in a hash in the URL and people are logged in when they click the link.

Neither of these require any sort of redirect. I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say 'back' to Tender... they should be going to Tender from your site.

You might find this thread helpful as it has someone else using PHP to get MultiPass working: https://help.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/694-multipass-cross...

3. 3 Posted by Zack Kitzmiller on 11 Aug, 2009 07:39 PM

Sorry, I figured it out, and forgot about this thread. Was just a typo in my cookie setting.

Sorry for the bother.

Zack.

4. 4 Posted by Kyle Neath (Git... on 11 Aug, 2009 07:49 PM

Glad you got it working!

5. Kyle Neath (GitHub Staff) closed this discussion on 11 Aug, 2009 07:49 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Tender please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac